Woman Charged After Drugs Found in Luggage
Posted on April 25th, 2016
A Minnesota woman has been charged with multiple felonies after a large amount of drugs were found in her luggage at O’Hare International Airport, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Cook County Sheriff’s Police were contacted by U.S Customs and Border Protection at approximately 3:20 a.m. on Saturday for assistance in processing an arrest of woman after agents found approximately 17 kilograms of suspected opium and more than 3,500 suspected methamphetamine pills in her luggage.
The woman, Khoua Vang, 49, of Walnut Grove, Minnesota, landed at O’Hare’s International Terminal on a flight from South Korea. Her flight home to Minnesota had originated in Laos.
Sheriff’s Police arrested Vang. She has been charged with methamphetamine delivery, methamphetamine trafficking, possession of methamphetamine, controlled substance trafficking, and two counts of manufacture/deliver of a controlled substance.
Vang’s bond was set at $100,000 during her court appearance on Sunday at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]