Woman Arrested at Bridgeview Courthouse After Weapon Found
Posted on February 24th, 2016
A 47-year-old Oak Lawn woman was arrested after Sheriff’s deputies at the Bridgeview Courthouse found her with a loaded revolver, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
A loaded .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver was found on Denise Smith’s person while she was going through the courthouse security screening this morning at the Bridgeview Courthouse, according to the Sheriff’s Police investigation. Sheriff’s deputies took Smith into custody.
Sheriff’s Police learned that Smith did not have a concealed carry license nor did she have a valid Firearm Owner Identification (FOID) card. She has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon on government property, a class 3 felony, and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon – no FOID, a class 4 felony.
Smith is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing tomorrow (Thursday) at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]