Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child Pornography
Posted on November 15th, 2018
A 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of children using a messaging app, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Edward Evans of Western Springs was charged Nov. 14 with two counts of distributing child pornography, a class X felony, and one count of possession of child pornography, a class 2 felony. He received an I-bond (personal recognizance) today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
According to the investigation, twice in the last 12 months, Evans sent explicit images of children using a messaging app. The receivers of those messages, unbeknownst to him, were undercover federal taskforce officers.
The subsequent investigation found that Evans downloaded the messaging app to his tablet, and he was the only one who accessed that application.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]