Undercover Operation Leads to Promoting Prostitution Arrest
Posted on August 27th, 2015
A 27-year-old woman has been charged with promoting prostitution following an investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Aug. 25, a Sheriff’s Police undercover officer responded to an advertisement in the dating section of Backpage.com that appeared to be advertising prostitution. A woman was taken into custody for prostitution.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police Vice officers learned that Jessica Bealer had placed the ad on Backpage.com, rented the Schiller Park hotel room that was to be used for the prostitution, and that Bealer would profit from the other woman’s prostitution.
Bealer, of the 4700 block of South Calumet Avenue in Chicago, was charged with one count of promoting prostitution, a class 4 felony. She is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
Since 2009, Sheriff’s Police have made more than 800 arrests from Backpage.com. Since 2007, Sheriff’s Police have made more than 50 arrests for human trafficking/involuntary servitude/promoting prostitution.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]