Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township Shooting
Posted on February 11th, 2019
Two teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today
At 4:18 p.m. on Feb. 1, Sheriff’s Police responded to a report of a shots fired call in the 1500 block of Norway Lane. They located an unresponsive man who had been shot. He was taken to Northwest Community Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. The victim was later identified as 20-year-old Jose Castaneda, who lived nearby.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two offenders involved as 16-year-old Andre Naydenov and a 15-year-old boy. Naydenov was taken into custody on Feb. 6 and upon further investigation was charged as an adult with first degree murder. His bond was set at $750,000-D on Feb. 7 at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
On Feb. 9, the 15-year-old was taken into custody and after further investigation was charged with first degree murder. Because he was charged as a juvenile, his name is not being released.
The public is reminded the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]