Two Teenagers Charged in Robbins Shooting, Attempted Armed Robbery
Posted on September 17th, 2017
Sunday, September 17, 2017 —Two teenagers have been charged in connection with an attempted armed robbery, where one victim was shot, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 4:20 p.m. on Sept. 10, a 20-year-old Chicago man and an 18-year-old Blue Island woman were in the 13400 block of Ridgeway in Robbins to sell marijuana to individuals the woman had met on the social media application Snapchat. The victims were confronted by two male offenders. One of them pointed a firearm and demanded the victims give him everything they had.
The male victim was shot as they drove away from the offenders. He is expected to recover from his injuries.
Working with the Robbins Police Department, Sheriff’s Police learned that a 15-year-old from Robbins and a 17-year-old from Sauk Village were involved. The 15-year-old was taken into custody on Sept. 13 and the 17-year-old, who Sheriff’s Police learned was the shooter, was taken into custody on Sept. 15. Both male juveniles have been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and two counts of attempted armed robbery.
The offenders’ names are being withheld because they have been charged as juveniles.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]