Two Men Charged in Home Invasion
Posted on April 7th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today that two men have been charged in a home invasion where two people were shot – one of whom was an offender.
At approximately 9:25 a.m. on Wednesday, Sheriff’s Police received a report of a home invasion in the 4800 block of South Lockwood in unincorporated Stickney.
During their investigation Sheriff’s Police detectives learned that two masked gunmen, later identified as 19-year-old Carlos Tapia and 18-year-old Alberto Manzo, forcibly entered the residence with the intent to take money and drugs. While inside the home, Tapia pointed an assault style weapon at the 20-year-old victim. The victim, who was also armed, shot Tapia multiple times. Tapia also shot the victim.
The victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment. The victim’s 17-year-old brother jumped out a window to flee from the gunmen. He was not seriously injured.
Tapia, of Stickney, and Manzo, of Chicago, fled. Manzo dropped off the injured Tapia at an area hospital, where he was in critical condition, according to the investigation.
Tapia and Manzo were both charged with home invasion. Manzo was denied bond today during his court appearance at the Bridgeview Courthouse. Tapia who remains hospitalized is also being held without bond.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]