Two Arrested in Fatal Robbins Shooting
Posted on February 1st, 2016
Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested two people in connection with a shooting that killed a 27-year-old man, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 p.m. on Jan. 28, Sheriff’s Police detectives were notified by Robbins Police of a shooting that took place in the 13500 block of South St. Louis Avenue. Sheriff’s Police detectives were asked to investigate at the request of the Robbins Police Department.
Detectives learned that gunfire erupted after two people were told to leave a tattoo party at the residence. Troy Thompson, 27, of Blue Island, a guest at the party, was caught and shot in the crossfire. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he died.
Upon further investigation, detectives learned that the party’s host, Shamar McGee, 36, told two people who arrived for the party to leave. As they left, McGee went outside and shot in the direction of the pair multiple times, according to the investigation. One of the men, identified as 18-year-old Anthony Evans, fired back multiple times.
Evans, of Markham, turned himself in to Sheriff’s Police on Jan. 30. McGee turned himself in on Jan. 31.
McGee has been charged with first degree murder. Evans has been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.
Both are scheduled to appear for bond hearings today at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]