Two Arrested After Drugs, Gun Found
Posted on March 25th, 2016
A traffic stop led to arrests after Sheriff’s Police officers found more than 3 pounds of suspected drugs in the vehicle and a gun on one man, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 4:05 a.m. on March 23, a Sheriff’s Police patrol officer pulled over a brown Cadillac SRX near 159th and South Kedzie in Markham for a traffic violation. Upon approaching the vehicle, the officer could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. The driver and passenger were asked to exit the vehicle.
While exiting the vehicle, the driver dropped a clear bag containing what appeared to be marijuana.
That driver, identified as Joshua Tolliver, was taken into custody. A search of the vehicle found an open container of alcohol and a canvas bag containing 68 clear bags of suspected marijuana. The total amount of drugs weighed more than 3 pounds.
Tolliver, 33, of the 4900 block of West Gladys Avenue in Chicago, and his passenger Paris Ambrose, 30, of the 1600 block of E. 74th Place in Chicago, were taken into custody.
Sheriff’s Police also located a loaded, semi-automatic handgun concealed in Ambrose’s clothing. More than $1,200 in cash was found in Tolliver’s possession.
Tolliver was charged with manufacture/deliver- cannabis 500 to 2000 grams and possession of cannabis, 500 to 2000 grams.
Ambrose was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon – possession of a firearm by a felon, manufacture/ deliver- cannabis 500 to 2000 grams and possession of cannabis, 500 to 2000 grams.
Tolliver’s bond was set at $200,000 and Ambrose’s bond was set at $50,000 during their court appearances on March 24 at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]