Store Owner Arrested for Selling Synthetic Urine
Posted on February 9th, 2016
A Crestwood store owner was arrested for selling synthetic urine kits, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
The Sheriff’s Police Special Operations Unit received information that Tobacco Land Plus in the 13400 block of South Cicero Avenue was selling synthetic urine kits with heating elements, which are illegal in Illinois. The kits are used to defraud drug and alcohol tests.
Undercover Sheriff’s Police officers located such kits in the store, according to the investigation. The store owner was arrested on Monday after he sold a kit to one of those officers. The store owner, Taher Yousef, was charged with a manufacture/sell/give a synthetic or human substance with the intent of using the product to a defraud drug or alcohol screening test. It is a class 4 felony.
Yousef, 56, of Crestwood, is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]