Sheriff’s Police Investigating Shooting in Ford Heights
Posted on November 10th, 2015
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are investigating a shooting that injured a man this morning in Ford Heights, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
At approximately 3:10 a.m. today, the victim was sitting in his vehicle in the parking lot of the Atlantis Gentlemen’s Club in the 1800 block of East Lincoln Highway when an unknown man wearing a mask and dark clothing approached the victim’s vehicle on foot, according to the Sheriff’s Police investigation.
A short time later, the victim attempted to leave and the unknown offender shot at the victim multiple times.
The 28-year-old victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment. His injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
The offender may have left the area in a silver, older model Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable with a possible dent on the rear driver’s side.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the shooting to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]