Sheriff’s Police Investigating Child Abduction Attempt in Unincorporated Des Planes
Posted on November 16th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are looking for a man who approached students at a bus stop in unincorporated Des Plaines offering them rides, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 15 a man riding a black bicycle approached a 13-year-old boy waiting at the school bus stop in the area of Church Street and Bay Colony Drive, according to the investigation. He told the boy he could give him a ride in his car if the school bus did not show up.
The man also approached a girl waiting at the same bus stop, offered her a ride in his car and asked if she wanted to go for coffee. Both ignored the man and boarded the bus when it arrived. Detectives learned the man had gone to another bus stop and made similar statements to students there.
The man was described as white, approximately 5’10” to 6’ tall and about 30 to 40 years old. He has short blond hair and wore a black coat, black jeans and some type of hat or hood. Video of the suspect may be found here: https://vimeo.com/243218599/3c41b935b0
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this person to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896 or 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]