Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted Drivers
Posted on April 14th, 2019
Cook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
These enhanced patrols will occur during daytime hours starting Monday and will occur periodically through April 30.
This enforcement campaign is supported through funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public to keep their eyes on the road, not their phone, while driving.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]