Sheriff’s Office Uncovers Gun Stash House
Posted on January 11th, 2018
While on patrol and conducting compliance checks in Chicago’s North Lawndale neighborhood, Sheriff’s police discovered a gun stash house with a cache of weapons, including two stolen shotguns.
On Jan. 9, Sheriff’s officers were checking on the status of a person being electronically monitored in the 1300 block of Tripp and noticed a door to the home propped open by a t-shirt. The door led to a second floor apartment which was vacant except for a couch, three rifles equipped with scopes and two shotguns, later determined to have been stolen from Woodstock, Illinois.
These patrols and compliance checks are components of the Sheriff’s Chicago Initiative aimed at targeting gun offenders and reducing violence within the City of Chicago.
An investigation into the weapons, including the stolen shotguns, is ongoing.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]