Sheriff’s Office Mourns Passing of Training Academy Police Officer
Posted on September 21st, 2016
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office gives the final farewell to Sheriff’s Police Officer and Training Academy Instructor Jason Gallero.
Where: Divine Providence Catholic Church (2550 Mayfair Ave, Westchester)
When: Wednesday, September 21, 10a.m.
Officer Gallero passed away Thursday, September 15, after collapsing during a colors run, a 5K race that welcomes new recruits to the police force and salutes law enforcement who, like Gallero, died in the line of duty.
A 22-year veteran of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office, Officer Gallero began his career in the Department of Corrections in 1994 before joining the Sheriff’s Police Department in 2002.
He was a loving father to his daughter and a respected instructor to recruits of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement agencies across Cook County.
He touched many lives and will be truly missed.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]