Sheriff’s Office to Conduct Traffic Safety Checkpoints, Specialized Enforcement
Posted on August 29th, 2015
Cook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct roadside safety checkpoints, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
A roadside safety checkpoint will be held tonight through early Sunday morning in Calumet City.
Upcoming safety checkpoints are scheduled for:
The night of Sept. 11 into the morning hours of Sept. 12 in South Holland
The night of Sept. 18 into the morning hours of Sept. 19 in South Chicago Heights
At the checkpoints officers will ensure drivers are complying with Illinois driver’s license and registration requirements as well as determine whether anyone is driving impaired.
The checkpoints’ aim is to emphasize roadway safety, increase seatbelt usage by motorists, promote the importance of safe travel, and help reduce the number of vehicle crashes in Cook County.
In addition, Sheriff’s Police will conduct specialized DUI enforcement patrols on Sept. 3 in South Suburban Cook County and countywide enforcement patrols focusing on seatbelt violators Sept. 1 through Sept. 2 and Sept. 4 through Sept. 7
The checkpoints and the enforcement patrols are funded through grants from the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]