Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help in Identifying Offender in Aggravated Kidnapping, Sexual Assault
Posted on September 18th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying an offender who kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman last week.
On Sept. 12, a 44-year-old Chicago woman reported that a male subject forced her into a vehicle at approximately 2:30 a.m. that day at gunpoint near 108th Street and Michigan Avenue in Chicago. She was driven to the area of 171st Street and Cicero Avenue in unincorporated Country Club Hills, where she was sexually assaulted. After the assault, the offender pushed her out of the vehicle and drove away. A passerby called 9-1-1 after finding the victim walking on Cicero Avenue.
The offender is described as male, black, approximately 5’6″ to 5’7″ tall with a medium build and long dreadlocks.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this offender to contact Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896 or 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]