Sheriff Dart to Attend Ceremony Honoring Fallen Officers
Posted on May 6th, 2016
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart will join the families of fallen officers as they remember those killed in the line of duty at the 15th Annual Cook County Peace Officers Memorial Ceremony.
The hour-long ceremony starts at 11 a.m. on May 9 at the Cermak Woods Forest Preserve, 7601 W. Ogden Ave. in Lyons, at the site of the proposed Cook County Peace Officer Memorial dedicated to all fallen officers.
The ceremony will honor the more than 700 officers who have died in the line of duty in Cook County. The fallen officers are from more than 65 federal, state, county, and municipal law enforcement agencies that operate every day in Cook County.
The event will also recognize historical honoree, Elmwood Park Police Chief Emil Johnson who was killed in the line of duty on October 5, 1924.
At 10:30 a.m. on May 9, a silent police motorcade consisting of more than 70 police vehicles will depart from Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave in Cicero, and travel to the site of the ceremony.
The event is hosted by the Peace Officers Memorial Foundation of Cook County, a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring all area officers killed in the line of duty.
For more information about the Peace Officers Memorial Foundation of Cook County, visit https://pomfcc.net.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]