Partner to Help Make Thanksgiving Special for Residents
Posted on November 23rd, 2016
The Office of Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart and the Housing Authority of Cook County joined together this week to provide free turkeys to Housing Authority residents, just in time for Thanksgiving.
The agencies provided 500 families on Monday afternoon. The families are residents of Housing Authority locations in Chicago Heights, Ford Heights, Harvey, Park Forest and Robbins. The Sheriff’s Office received the turkeys from a donor who wished to remain anonymous.
Turkeys were distributed at the Sheriff’s Police substation in Ford Heights and the Richard Flowers Community Room in Robbins.
Housing Authority of Cook County Executive Director Richard Monocchio expressed thanks to the Sheriff’s Office and the anonymous donor for their generosity to the residents.
Families look forward to this occasion every year and were extremely grateful for the kind gesture.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]