The Office of Professional Review
The Office of Professional Review (O.P.R.) is the department within the Cook County Sheriff’s Office that ensures employee misconduct will not be tolerated. O.P.R. is comprised of a group of trained investigators who conduct criminal and administrative investigations based upon complaints or allegations made against Cook County Sheriff’s Office employees.
As part of misconduct investigations, O.P.R. verifies compliance with all Cook County Sheriff General Orders, the Uniform Police Officers Disciplinary Act and all applicable laws for all civilian and sworn personnel employed by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
All complaints against Cook County Sheriff’s Office sworn personnel (Correctional Officers, Deputy Sheriffs, Police Officers) MUST be notarized before being submitted in order to comply with Illinois State Law 50 ILCS 725/3.8(b).
To file a complaint against an employee of the Cook County Sheriff’s Department, please click on the link below:
Office of Professional Review
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 South California
Building 2, Fourth Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60608-5110
If you are aware of any unlawful political discrimination that has occurred or is occurring, in addition to notifying the Compliance Officer, you may also report the incident to the Office of Professional Review at (773) 674-7545.
Recent Press Releases
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]