Maximum Security Detainees Charged in Aggravated Battery to Staff
Posted on January 13th, 2018
Three maximum security Cook County Jail detainees are among more than two dozen individuals who have been charged with aggravated battery to staff in the last 30 days, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
From Dec. 12 to Jan. 12, 26 detainees have been charged with aggravated battery to staff. Some of those include:
Anthony Jones who was arrested on Jan. 6 for punching a correctional deputy in Division 10 housing unit on Jan.5. Jones, 26, was originally booked in 2011 on a murder case. Video: https://vimeo.com/250854556/ea628bfecf
Jordan Whitaker, 24, was arrested on Dec. 29 for striking a correctional deputy multiple times in the face and body on Dec. 28 in Division 9. Whitaker, who was originally booked into the jail in 2014 on aggravated criminal sexual assault case, was also charged with resisting a peace officer. Video: https://vimeo.com/250871533/7f90813148
Arthur Walker, 26, was arrested on Dec. 29 for punching a correctional deputy multiple times on Dec. 5 in Division 9. Walker was originally booked into the jail in 2014 on a murder case. Video: https://vimeo.com/250861554/b50b98a1f9
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]