Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a Weapon
Posted on September 10th, 2018
A Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after Cook County Sheriff’s Police found him in possession of a loaded, semi-automatic pistol, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 6:40 p.m. on Sept. 9, Sheriff’s Police received a report of a suspicious person with a gun in the 1400 block of Embassy Lane in Ford Heights. Upon arrival, Sheriff’s Police located a man who matched the description provided of the suspicious person. The man, later identified as 38-year-old Reginald Hughes, was found in possession of a .9 mm Smith & Wesson pistol, loaded with seven rounds. Sheriff’s Police learned that Hughes was convicted in 2008 for manufacture/delivery of cocaine. They also learned he is a registered sex offender for another case.
Hughes was arrested and charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. His bond was set at $30,000-D during a hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]