Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in Apartment
Posted on February 17th, 2019
A Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and suspected narcotics were found in his apartment, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 15, Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigators executed a search warrant in connection with a narcotics and firearms investigation at an apartment in the 10400 block of Lyndale Avenue in unincorporated Melrose Park. There, investigators found an AR-15 .223 caliber rifle, a .38 caliber revolver with five rounds of ammunition, 60 rounds of ammunition, a 50-round drum magazine, an additional 30-round magazine, suspected cocaine, suspected ecstasy, suspected crystal methamphetamine, suspected cannabis and drug paraphernalia. Investigators also found approximately $500.
Sheriff’s Police took Edgar Manzanarez, 33, who lived in the location, into custody. He was charged later that day with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, two counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and two counts of possession of a controlled substance, all felonies. He was also charged with a misdemeanor count of possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, also a misdemeanor.
Manzanarez appeared for a bond hearing on Feb. 16 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building where he was ordered to be held without bond. His next court date is Feb. 20 at the Maywood Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]