Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security Investigation
Posted on September 20th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 36-year-old man for promoting prostitution at his Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Sept. 18, Sheriff’s Police and Homeland Security Investigations executed a search warrant at an apartment in the 3200 block of West Lawrence Avenue after receiving information about prostitution occurring at that location. While executing the search warrant, investigators recovered one victim, a 34-year-old woman. She was provided victim services through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Gabriel Alvarado-Aguilar, who lived at the apartment, arranged “dates” at the location and received profits from the victim’s acts of prostitution. He was taken into custody at the location on Sept. 18.
Alvarado-Aguilar was charged on Sept. 19 with promoting prostitution. His bond was set at $10,000-D today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]