Man Charged in Wife’s Murder
Posted on August 2nd, 2016
An Arlington Heights man has been charged with first degree murder after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found that he shot and killed his wife, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1:45 p.m. on July 31, Sheriff’s Police responded to report of a shooting at a residence located in the 10 block of 3rd Avenue in unincorporated Arlington Heights. Investigators learned that 38-year-old Divina Salgado was shot by her husband, Jose Arturo Salgado-Roque, as she walked into their home carrying their 1-year-old child. Salgado-Roque was located and taken into custody by Cook County Sheriff’s Police.
The 1-year-old and two other children were placed in the custody of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Salgado-Roque, 42, has been charged with one count of first degree murder. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]