Man Charged in Sexual Assault of Teen at Forest Preserve
Posted on September 8th, 2016
A 46-year-old man has been charged in connection with a reported sexual assault of a 16-year-old boy that occurred at the Cermak Woods Forest Preserve, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Cook County Forest Preserve Police notified Sheriff’s Police detectives on Sept. 5, after receiving a report of an alleged assault that occurred the night before near the pool at the Cermak Woods, located in the 7600 block of Ogden Avenue in Lyons.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation, the victim, a 16-year-old boy, was approached by a man sometime between 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. on Sept.4. According to the report, the man told the teen he was armed, forced him to drink alcohol and then sexually assaulted him. The victim did not know the offender.
Sheriff’s Police Detectives identified the man as Armando Robles, of the 6400 block of Hamlin Avenue in Chicago. On Sept. 7, Robles was charged with one count of criminal sexual assault/force and one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Robles’ bond was set at $500,000 during a hearing today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]