Man Charged with Selling Drugs at Senior Housing Complex
Posted on July 15th, 2016
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today that a Chicago Heights man has been arrested and charged after an undercover investigation by Sheriff’s Police found that he sold crack cocaine at the senior community where he lives.
Last month, Cook County Sheriff’s Police were notified by the Housing Authority of Cook County regarding suspected drug sales at its Golden Towers Senior Community, located in 1700 block of East End Avenue in Chicago Heights.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police investigators identified the suspected seller as 70-year-old Eddie Cain, who lives at Golden Towers. On two separate dates, Cain sold crack cocaine to an undercover Sheriff’s Police officer in the complex’s parking lot, according to the investigation.
Sheriff’s Police arrested Cain on July 14. He has been charged with two counts of delivery of a controlled substance on public housing property. Cain was released on an I-bond (personal recognizance) after his July 14 bond hearing at the Markham Courthouse.
“We appreciate the partnership we have with the Sheriff to keep our facilities safe in Chicago Heights and throughout Cook County,” Richard Monocchio, executive director of the Housing Authority of Cook County.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]