Man Charged in Robbins Sexual Abuse, Aggravated Battery Case
Posted on September 7th, 2017
COOK COUNTY, IL – A 19-year-old Robbins man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Sheriff’s Police investigation found he sexually abused a woman and strangled her when she attempted to flee, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 5:45 a.m. on Sept. 4, Shaymontae Mobley let a 19-year-old Gary, Indiana woman borrow his cell phone to call for a ride after she had been left stranded in a car in the 14000 block of Finley Avenue in Robbins.
Mobley, who did not know the woman, got in the vehicle to wait with her. While in the vehicle, Mobley, according to the investigation, forced the woman to touch him and then strangled her when she tried to flee.
The victim eventually escaped. Her injuries were not life threatening.
Mobley was located by Robbins Police in the 13900 block of Grace Avenue and was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Police detectives conducted the investigation at the request of the Robbins Police Department.
Mobley has been charged with one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, one count of aggravated battery and one count of unlawful restraint and is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]