Man Charged in Justice Home Invasion
Posted on July 17th, 2016
A 44-year-old man has been charged with armed robbery and home invasion that occurred in unincorporated Justice, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 4:50 a.m. on July 14, Cook County Sheriff’s Police received a report of a home invasion at the Sterling Estates mobile home park. When Sheriff’s Police arrived they located the 74- year-old victim inside the residence with a sock tied around her mouth, which the responding officers untied. The woman did not appear to have physical injuries. She declined medical assistance.
Officers learned that a masked man entered the victim’s residence, threatened her with a knife, tied her up and took her debit card and her car keys. He then fled in the victim’s vehicle. The victim was able to free herself and call 9-1-1.
Officers located the victim’s vehicle a short distance away.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police identified the offender as Dandre Mabone. On July 15, Sheriff’s Police took him into custody outside his residence in the 400 block of Sterling East in unincorporated Justice.
Mabone, who has various aliases, has been charged with two counts of armed robbery and one count of home invasion. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]