Man Arrested for Solicitation After Caught in Sheriff’s Vice Sting For the Third Time
Posted on July 15th, 2016
A man who had been cited in two previous Sheriff’s Police johns stings was arrested Thursday after his third run-in with a Sheriff’s Vice Unit undercover operation, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Terrence Murphy, 48, of Bellwood, had previously been cited for the violation of the County’s public morals nuisance in separate Sheriff’s Police undercover operations this year. He was first cited on Feb. 5 in Central Stickney Township and then again on March 24 in Palos Township. Each time, he arrived at a hotel after responding to a Backpage.com advertisement.
On July 14, Murphy responded to another Backpage.com advertisement. When he arrived at the hotel in Proviso Township, he recognized the woman as a Sheriff’s police officer from a previous operation. He attempted to leave, but was immediately arrested by Sheriff’s Police officers.
He was charged with solicitation of a sex act, a misdemeanor.
Murphy is the dean of students at Eisenhower High School in Blue Island.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]