Man Arrested for Selling Illegal Fireworks
Posted on July 3rd, 2015
A Chicago man has been arrested after Cook County Sheriff’s Police seized approximately 1,900 pounds of illegal fireworks, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
Vincent Saraceno, 36, was arrested Thursday morning after Sheriff’s Police found him selling illegal fireworks from a tent in a parking lot located in the 900 block of W. North Avenue in Melrose Park.
Saraceno was charged with possession/sale/use of fireworks, a misdemeanor.
The fireworks recovered are a mass detonation hazard. If one inadvertently detonates, the explosion detonates the others.
These types of fireworks should only be handled by licensed professionals.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]