Man Arrested in Ford Heights Store Shooting
Posted on November 12th, 2015
A 19-year-old man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured another man at Ford Heights’ store, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation, the 32-year-old victim was shot on Nov. 8 by a man who attempted to rob him at the New Way Foods in the 1300 block of E. Lincoln Highway. The victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment of injuries that did not appear to be life threatening.
The Sheriff’s Police investigation identified the shooter as Robert Newcomb of Ford Heights. Newcomb was taken into custody on Nov. 8. On Nov. 10, he was charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and attempted armed robbery. Newcomb’s bond was set at $750,000 during a hearing at the Markham Courthouse on Nov. 10.
Newcomb’s next scheduled court date is Nov. 30 at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]