Man Arrested in Ford Heights Armed Robbery
Posted on December 11th, 2015
A 20-year-old man has been arrested for an armed robbery in Ford Heights, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation on Dec. 5, a man approached the 22-year-old victim as he exited his vehicle in the 1500 block of Embassy Lane. The offender displayed a handgun and demanded the victim’s wallet and money. The offender, who knew his victim, struck the victim in the head with the gun, according to the report. A struggle for the weapon ensued and during that struggle the gun discharged, and the bullet struck an unoccupied vehicle. No one was injured from the gunfire. The offender fled the area on foot.
The victim was taken to an area hospital where he was treated for his injuries and released.
Michael Johnson, of Ford Heights, was taken into custody on Dec. 8 after the investigation identified him as the offender. Johnson was charged with one count of armed robbery on Dec. 9. His bond was set at $350,000 during a Dec. 10 hearing at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]