Fugitive Apprehended in Georgia
Posted on March 4th, 2017
At 11:20 p.m. Friday, fugitive Garrett Glover was apprehended without incident in Lithonia, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
He was arrested in the apartment of a person suspected to be a relative’s girlfriend and was found asleep on the floor. He is in custody and will be extradited to Cook County to face charges of escape in addition to parole violations.
Glover was erroneously released from the Illinois Department of Corrections and processed onto their parole program on Friday, Feb. 24.
Since learning of his release Monday morning, over 100 members of the Sheriff’s office and multiple teams of the United States Marshal’s Fugitive Task Forces in Chicago and Georgia have worked around the clock to secure Glover’s apprehension.
Sheriff Dart wishes to thank the men and women of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office, the United States Marshal’s Service and the Chicago Police Department for their exceptional assistance in the manhunt for Garrett Glover.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]