Four Detainees Indicted in Connection with Robbery of another Detainee
Posted on May 22nd, 2018
Four detainees have been indicted on multiple felony charges in connection with a robbery of another detainee, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 p.m. on April 28, a detainee on Cook County Department of Corrections bus heading to Cook County Jail from Jefferson County was pushed off the property bag he was sitting on by one detainee. He was pulled by his hair away from his seat and held down by another detainee. Items were then taken from his property bag.
A Sheriff’s Office investigation identified four detainees involved in this incident:
- Shaquille Williams, 24, booked originally in 2015 on a murder charge
- Demetrius Tucker, 23, booked originally in 2017 on attempt robbery and aggravated battery charges
- Darnell Cockrell, 22, booked originally in 2017 on aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, aggravated battery and aggravated domestic battery charges
- Devanta Howell, 26, booked originally in 2015 on an attempt murder charge
On May 18, a Cook County Grand Jury indicted Williams, Tucker, Cockrell and Howell on charges of robbery, unlawful restraint, theft and aggravated battery.
The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]