Driver Charged in Fatal Worth Township Crash
Posted on August 24th, 2018
A 44-year-old Chicago man has been charged with aggravated DUI causing death in connection with a fatal crash in unincorporated Worth Township, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9:15 p.m. on Aug. 12 Cook County Sheriff’s Police responded to crash that occurred on Cal-Sag Road and Massasoit Avenue. According to the investigation a Jeep Wrangler struck a Harley Davidson motorcycle as it was making a turn. The motorcyclist, a 47-year-old Blue Island man, and his wife were critically injured. The 43-year-old woman died from her injuries on Aug.16.
Further investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives found that the Jeep’s driver, Thomas Czerwinski, was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, with a blood alcohol concentration of more than twice the legal limit. Czerwinski was arrested on Aug. 23 and was charged with aggravated driving under the influence causing death and aggravated driving under the influence causing great bodily harm.
His bond was set at $250,000-D during his court appearance today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]