Jail Population June 28, 2019
Posted on June 28th, 2019
Q. What does Behind the Walls mean?
A. The behind the walls jail population is physically housed under the Sheriff’s custody 24 hours a day/7 days a week. This includes all the populations listed on the key above and pie chart to the left – Divisional populations male & female, Outside Counties, Hospital, PRC, Women’s Residential, & VRIC. Detainees in court-ordered treatment programs (PRC, Women’s Residential, VRIC) are housed at CCDOC 24 hours a day/7 days week.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]