Cook County Sheriff’s Office Organizes Marrow Donor Registry
Posted on October 3rd, 2016
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office will host the 3rd Annual Encarnación Roldán Marrow Donor Registry, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
The drive honors Correctional Sergeant Roldán who passed away in 2014 after an arduous battle with Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office welcomes the public to honor the life of Sergeant Roldán and support other patients in need of a bone marrow donor match tomorrow, Tuesday Oct 4th outside the Cook County Department of Corrections visitor’s entrance at 2700 S California Ave.
The marrow donor registry is a joint effort between Be The Match and Cook County Sheriff’s Office volunteers. Be The Match is the largest and most diverse marrow registry that helps patients find marrow donors and provides them with support throughout the transplant process.
Individuals between the ages of 18 and 44 are invited to join the registry. Participation takes less than five minutes, and consists of filling out an application form and performing a quick cheek swab. The entry will be incorporated into a national database, and if matched with a patient from around the country, you will be notified of the opportunity to make a life-saving donation.
When: Tuesday, October 4th from 11a.m. to 3p.m.
Where: 2700 S California Ave (CCDOC visitor’s entrance south of the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building)
If you are unable to attend, you can still participate by visiting: https://join.bethematch.org/ROLDAN
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]