Cook County Jail Detainees Isolated Due to Flu-like Symptoms
Posted on January 26th, 2016
Three living units at the Cook County Jail are under isolation and a fourth is under heightened surveillance after detainee there began showing flu-like symptoms, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Detainees in the following living units are under isolation, which means no movement, including visits: Division 08/Residential Treatment Unit (RTU) Tier 2E, Division 1 Tier E3 and Cermak Hospital Unit 3 South.
Division 3 Annex Tier B3 is under heightened surveillance, which allows for limited movement, such as court appearances. Detainees are being screened carefully before any movement and throughout their stay there.
The areas under isolation and heightened surveillance affect approximately 70 detainees.
Friends and family of detainees may check their loved ones’ housing location on the jail’s online inmate locator on the Sheriff’s Office’s website, www.cookcountysheriff.org. They may also call the jail’s information center at 773-674-5225.
In an effort to contain the symptoms and minimize impact to staff and inmates, Cook County Jail will enhance its regular disinfection efforts across the compound. Cook County Jail staff and their medical partners are closely monitoring the situation.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]