Cook County Jail Detainee Sentenced to 15 Years for Solicitation of Murder
Posted on April 23rd, 2018
A Cook County Jail inmate has been sentenced to 15 years for solicitation of murder in which he sought someone to kill witnesses in his case, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Ivan Flores, 22, was originally booked into the jail on March 17, 2016 on an aggravated criminal sexual abuse case. Sheriff’s Office investigators developed information that Flores, while in jail custody, was looking for someone to kill witnesses in his case.
On Sept. 11, 2016, Flores met with a male visitor at the jail. During that conversation, Flores requested that the man – who in actuality was an undercover Sheriff’s Office investigator – kill two witnesses and offered to pay him $5,000 to do so.
Flores was charged on Jan. 12, 2017 with solicitation of murder and solicitation of murder for hire, in which he admitted to his involvement in this case. His bond was set at $500,000-D on Jan. 13, 2017. The bond was in addition to the $100,000 D-bond on the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Today, Flores pleaded guilty to the solicitation of murder charge. He was sentenced to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC). He was also sentenced to three years in IDOC for the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]