Cook County Jail Detainee Charged with Sexual Exploitation of a Child
Posted on January 19th, 2018
A maximum security Cook County Jail detainee has been charged after an investigation found he indecently exposed himself during a visit in view of a child, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the investigation, on Jan. 10 detainee Devon McCaulley exposed himself and engaged in sexual misconduct while visiting with his girlfriend in Division 9, and a girl, who was with her family visiting another detainee, saw the act.
On Jan. 18. McCaulley, 26, was charged with sexual exploitation of a child in which the child is under 13, a class 4 felony. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse. If convicted of sexual exploitation of a child, in addition to the sentence imposed, McCaulley would also be required to register as sex offender for 10 years.
McCaulley has been in jail since February 2014, when he was ordered held without bond on a murder charge.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]