Legacy Inmate Communications
Beginning June 13, 2019, Cook County Jail will have a new service provider for detainee phone calls called Legacy Inmate Communications. Funds for the previous provider, Securus, will no longer be accepted for detainee phone call payments. Securus prepaid account balances must be used by June 13, 2019.
To ensure a seamless transition between providers, members of the public wishing to receive calls from a detainee are encouraged to set up pre-paid accounts to their home, cell phone or international telephone number. These accounts will be used to pay for detainees’ phone calls made to a specific number. Money may be added to these accounts beginning June 7.
After June 13, the public may also deposit money to detainees’ prepaid cardless debit calling account. These funds may be used by a detainee to call any number.
Information on how to set up a prepaid account may be found at connect.legacyinmate.com
Questions may be directed to Legacy’s 24/7 friends and family call center at 1-800-356-8390
|Local||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Intrastate (InterLATA & IntraLATA)||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Interstate||$0.06 Per Minute|
|International (Mexico & Canada)||$0.08 Per Minute|
|International (All Others)||$0.13 Per Minute|
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]