Chicago Man Charged with UUW by a Felon after Firearms Found in His Bedroom
Posted on May 31st, 2018
A 29-year-old Chicago man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after three firearms were found in his bedroom, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8 a.m. on May 30, Sheriff’s Police officers were executing a warrant at a residence in the 5700 block of South Prairie in Chicago, where they encountered Damien Spencer-Rule in a bedroom.
Three handguns were located in the bedroom: a Clerke revolver, a Smith & Wesson CTG revolver and a Glock 17 semi-automatic with a 30-round-capacity magazine. All three weapons were loaded. A box containing ammunition was also recovered.
Spencer-Rule, who lives at the residence, was arrested by Sheriff’s Police. Sheriff’s Police investigators learned the weapons were his and that he did not have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card nor a concealed carry license. Spencer-Rule also was convicted of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, a felony, in 2010.
He was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, a class 3 felony. His bond was set at $5,000-D during his court appearance today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building, and he was ordered to be placed on electronic monitoring if bond is posted.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]