Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit Investigation
Posted on May 24th, 2019
A 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal following an undercover Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice unit investigation, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 7 p.m. on May 23, the Vice Unit learned during an undercover operation that a man, later identified as Gabriel Johnson, was profiting from acts of prostitution by a 24-year-old woman. The woman, who investigators took into custody at an Arlington Heights area hotel, was not charged and was offered victim services through the Sheriff’s Office.
Johnson arrived while investigators were in the hotel room. Investigators ordered him to get on the ground after a gun was seen in his waistband. He complied and was taken into custody. Investigators recovered a loaded, a 9 mm semi-automatic weapon from his person.
Johnson, of the 1100 block of North Leclaire Avenue, was charged with promoting prostitution, a class 4 felony, and armed habitual criminal, a class X felony. He also had an outstanding warrant for unlawful use of a weapon. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]