Broadview Man Arrested for Involuntary Sexual Servitude of a Minor
Posted on January 10th, 2016
A 26-year-old man has been charged with involuntary sexual servitude of a minor after the Cook County Sheriff’s Vice Unit arrested him during an undercover operation, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
James R. Taylor, of Broadview, was arrested Jan. 8 in the western suburbs during an undercover operation, during which members of the Vice Unit responded to a “female escort” advertisement found on Backpage.com’s adult section. After connecting with the female over the phone, they arranged a date at a hotel along Roosevelt Rd. Upon entering the room, the female offered sex acts for money, at which point the undercover Vice officer identified himself as a police officer and took her into custody, with the intention of offering her supportive service and ascertaining whether she was willingly performing these sex acts.
As the Vice officers questioned the victim, Taylor began knocking on the door and attempting to enter the room. Sheriff’s officers immediately took him into custody as well. An investigation identified the victim as a 16-year-old who had been reported missing several months earlier. Further investigation revealed that Taylor had been sexually trafficking the victim and keeping the money earned from her prostitution.
The Sheriff’s Office brought the victim into the custody of the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services, where she is currently receiving therapeutic treatment and counseling.
Jackson was charged Saturday with involuntary sexual servitude of a minor, promoting prostitution of a minor, and trafficking for benefits. He is scheduled to appear in bond court today (Sunday) at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courts Building.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]