Boyfriend Charged in Woman’s Murder
Posted on October 1st, 2016
A 44-year-old man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of a woman whose body was found Thursday morning at a golf course in DuPage County, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8 a.m. on Sept. 29, the body of a 37-year-old woman was found at the White Pines Golf Course in unincorporated DuPage County. Further investigation found that the woman – whose name is not being released because her family has not yet been notified – had been killed at the 11500 block of West Grand Avenue in unincorporated Cook County, where she lived with her boyfriend.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives learned that at approximately 5 a.m. on Sept. 29, the victim had been in argument with her boyfriend, Johnanthan Condrey, and was fatally stabbed as a result.
Her body was then driven to the golf course and left there.
Condrey was charged with first degree murder on the night of Sept. 30. Another man who had been taken into custody during the investigation was released without charges. Condrey is scheduled to appear today for a bond hearing at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Sheriff Dart would like to thank the Chicago Police Department and the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office for their assistance in this investigation.
Sheriff Dart also reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]