Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child Pornography
Posted on September 11th, 2018
A 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child pornography on his devices, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Donald Walker was arrested and charged on Sept. 10.
Sheriff’s Police investigators working with a Federal Task Force discovered an IP address accessing child pornography images and videos. The subsequent investigation identified the IP address belonging to a home in Hazel Crest where Walker was living. The homeowner consented to a search of the residence. Investigators found two hard drives belonging to Walker, who consented to a search of those devices.
A forensic search of the hard drives found child pornography depicting children under the age of 13.
Walker was charged with two counts of possession of child pornography. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]