Attempted Child Abduction Reported in Unincorporated Des Plaines
Posted on May 2nd, 2016
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are looking for a man wanted in connection with a reported attempted child abduction in unincorporated Des Plaines, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 a.m. today a man holding what appeared to be a knife called out “Come here” to a 10-year-old boy near the 10000 block of Holly Lane, according to the Sheriff’s Police report. The boy had missed the school bus and was returning home when he encountered the man. The boy ran home. The man left the area on foot.
The man is described as a Middle Eastern or Black, in his 40s with dark brown eyes, black hair, dark brown complexion, approximately 5’10” to 6’ tall and approximately 190 to 210 pounds. He has a birthmark or a blemish above his eyebrow. He wore a plaid Kangol type hat and a tan trench coat.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this person to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896 or 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]