Civilian Employment Opportunities
Welcome to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office job posting and online application site.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office transitioned into a new recruitment system effective July 30, 2010. This new system now allows Candidates the ability to search and apply for open positions with the Cook County Sheriff’s Office online.
Candidates can search for job opportunities and apply for one (1) or multiple positions from the convenience of their own home, from any public library offering computer services or by utilizing the computer kiosks located at the Richard J. Daley Center, 50 W. Washington, Room 702 or the Cook County kiosks located at the County Building, 118 N. Clark St., 8th Floor.
To view the Candidate Experience Click-by-Click instructions on how to use the online application system, click on the following link:
To view the Cook County Sheriff’s Office open positions and to apply online, click on the following link:
NOTE: If you do not see any positions that match your qualifications and/or preferences, we encourage you to complete a Candidate Profile. This will enable you to specify the type of job, location etc., you are seeking and create an email agent to notify you when new positions are posted which meet your criteria. To create a Candidate Profile, simply open the link shown above, create your User Name and Password, click on “My jobpage” and click “Access my profile”.
Thank you for your interest in the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]