Case Study W. B.
Home > Case Study W. B.
Charge: Retail Theft of liquor
Days in Jail: 309 days
Cost to taxpayers: $44,187
- 48 arrests – 19 bookings into CCDOC – 9 admissions to IDOC
- 49-year-old W.B.’s most recent arrest occurred on October 2, 2014. He was identified by staff at a local grocery store as the offender who had taken several bottles of alcohol and left the store on a bicycle on a few different occasions.
- He was released onto Electronic Monitoring the next day but was subsequently booked back into Cook County Jail for another, almost identical retail arrest with circumstances almost identical to the original arrest.
- Between time on Electronic Monitoring and time in jail, W.B. has been in custody for 186 days on these retail theft charges. The estimated cost to house for this booking is $26,598.
- His lawyers have been attempting to get him placed into specialty courts but have not yet had any success
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]